Monday 30 August 2010

Scripture Challenge - Compassion

Our God is a compassionate God, isn't He? I just love this verse in on my page from 2 Corinthians. Verse 4 goes on to say:
"...who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."
God sent us the Great Comforter when He sent Jesus! Jesus Christ set the ultimate example of living a life of compassion and love towards others. My desire is to be a woman of compassion! I want to see the needs of those around me. I want to be aware of the hurts and pains of others. I want to be loving towards those that seem unloveable (and the loveable ones too lol). I want to be nonjudgmental and accepting. You know what? There are a lot of us in this big crazy world! We're all different with different thoughts, habits, talents...different EVERYTHING!! lol You know what else? Jesus loves every single one of us! So if I want to be like Jesus...I'm going to love every single one of us too, right? :o)



Papers:Provo Craft Mini Slab III, Unknown Cardstock;
Sizzix Die: Frame w/ Flowers & Vine;
Slice Design Card: Basics 3;
Marker: Marvy Le Plume II No. 1 black;
Stamp: 7 gypsies - Nottinghill;
Ink: Martha Stewart - Blue Sky;
Bling: Darice;
Flower & Decorative Pin: The Nickel Nook :o)

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Good thing love isn't defined in our terms huh Nancy? LOL You're right, sometimes it's almost impossible to feel love towards some people, but Jesus gave us the perfect example. We can only strive to do our best to love like he did and does, cause we're certainly no better in these times than in his. Wonderful page and I love your crocheted flower and pin. :) Blessings!

Anne-Marie said...

This is lovely. I like the crocheted flower and your handwriting is so neat.

Unknown said...

Hi Nancy, Erika here from..... You guessed it SASKATCHEWAN hehehe

Thank you so very much for your kind words over at Debby's Dare for the Design Team position. I really appreciate it and hope to get to know you a little better.

Toodles
Erika from SK

Anonymous said...

Compassion, girlfriend, you have a big dose of it and I'm so glad you are my friend. I really like how you make such an impressive backdrop to your scripture, then your blog post makes the scripture personal. I'd ask for some instruction on crocheting the flowers you do....however I think by the time I get the first one made your Compassion will be worn pretty thin ;-)
Love you girlfriend.

Blog Archive