Wednesday 16 February 2011

52 Week Scrapbook Challenge - White on White

This was a really fun challenge for me! It turns out I have no white papers other than  plain white cardstock from Michaels. So it was fun to try to make this page pretty and full of texture using just that paper, and a few other "bits & bobs", of course! Yes, that is a picture of me that was taken just a FEW years ago! lol I had to keep the color scheme going, right? :o)
Papers: Recollection Cardstock,
Provo Craft Paper Lace - Gift from Leslie;
MM Slice Design Cards: Noteworthy, Wedding;
Sizzix: Sizzlits Scribbles Swirls,
Flourishes Embossing Plate;
Flowers: Prima Fancies White, The Nickel Nook;
MM Vintage Findings: Safety Pins,
Flower centers, and Envelope;
Ranger Stickles: Frost;
Ink: Color Box Fluid Chalk in Gray Whale;
Stamp: American Craft - Thanks;
Pearls: Crystal Stickers;
Ribbon: Offray;
Decorative Pin: The Nickel Nook;
Vintage Button.


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is WONDERFUL!!! I love the way this looks. All of the white elements you've used show up and compliment each other. OH MY GOODNESS!!! You've used some of that sheer paper over the plain white card stock and you've created a stunning flower with it!!

Nancy, you have such an adorable photo of yourself and this page really makes it pop :-) All of your elements show up individually. Love those little flowers with the pearl centers and your stick pin thing is amazing.

Fantastic job. Go ahead, pat yourself on the back. You deserve it.
Love you - Leslie

Mary said...

Awww! what a pretty little baby you were! Beautiful page for not having any white, well done! I finished mine too, I'm going to post it right now. Have a great "pain" free day Nancy! Your friend, M

Sparkly Pink Star said...

OOOH I love the white!

Tracy said...

I applaud you my friend! Monotone is something I have LOTS of trouble with, nut you have created such a lovely page. The frame and that accordion flower are awesome. Beautiful layout nancy!

EverydayNorma said...

So Adorable.... It looks splendid.
BTW, thanks so much for your last
message on my blog...oops TeeHee
most of the time I do my blogging
late at night, so I'm not 100% there,
Thank Goodness I havent posted anything
that I shouldn't. I'm glad you were
there to give me a heads up...
xoxox
;0)
Norma

Teen Queen said...

Nancy, I love all the little detail and texture on this page. The vintage pin is lovely too. Great job sis!

Adriann said...

Very pretty...I just finished the white challenge. I like how it came out. The fan flower is great!

Geri said...

I think this turned out lovely. Love the look of white on white and love the delicate feel of this page. And I love your pin!! I have been making some myself--I'm kinda thinkin I have to put them on everything now!! I also loved your Valentine greeting page!! (your pastor should see what he inspired!!)

Alee' said...

Nancy this is so inspiring <3 it!
Hugs Alee'

Tracy said...

This is so beautiful.
Cute photo.

Sara said...

I love white on white... so beautiful! This is great!

Thanks for your nice comments on my Spring layout :D

gardenpinks said...

Suddenly realised I hadn't commented on this beautiful page. Gorgeous white on white you have made all the elements stand out when they could easily have been lost. The fan flower and pin is beautiful as are the other flowers and pearls.
Cute photo of you Nancy :) Love the embossed background too. So much texture.
Love and hugs
Lynn xxx

Jonia said...

What a beautiful page and what a gorgeous baby! Love this page!

Blog Archive