Sunday 22 January 2012

Hymn and Scripture Challenge #2 - Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus

Happy Sunday, my friends! Welcome to the second Hymn and Scripture Challenge! This is another favorite hymn of mine! I should warn you that you'll probably be hearing that for EVERY hymn that gets posted! lol Just like you've always heard it for EVERY Scripture verse I post...they're all my favorites too! :o)
Please remember to click on the button in the sidebar and follow the links to go see Patter's page and read her devotional. Also, all the other beautiful pages are linked up there!
This hymn is so full of wonderful encouragement! There are so many of us that feel "weary and tired" on a regular basis, right? Let's face it...life here on earth can be really dark and difficult sometimes. However, if we "fix our eyes on Jesus" like the Scripture says, suddenly the trials of this life just don't have the same power they once did to bog us down. There's a freedom that comes with the realization that the things of this earth just don't matter. Ever since Jesus endured the cross for us...with joy?!!...He has been sitting at the right hand of the throne of God. That's where we'll meet Him one day...and what a day that will be, my friends! So let's focus on Jesus, put our problems in their place, and face our days with JOYFUL ZEAL!! :o)


Papers: Unknown Cardstock;
Punch: Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page;
Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities - Curved Rectangles;
Brads: Recollections Metallic Brads;
Flowers: Unknown Mulberry Paper Flowers,
Recollections Mulberry Paper Mini Roses;
Bead Sprays: Art Angels Designs HERE
Music Note Paper: Free Vintage Digital Stamps HERE
Butterflies: K & Co Abrianna  Grand Adhesions - from Marsha

I'm not really what you'd call a country music "fan" but I do like the way Alan Jackson sings the old hymns. This is a lovely video...I hope you enjoy it! :o)


19 comments:

Patter Cross said...

Oh Nancy, what a gorgeous color combo, and I love all of the flowers! Beautiful! And I had to laugh when you said each hymn is your favorite. I am that way too. I have a HUGE list of favorites. Just love them all! You sound just like me so you know what I mean! Have a blessed week ahead!

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness look at all that gorgeous flowerage (LOL is that a word?) that you've surrounded those beautiful lyrics with. That really is a lovely hymn and you've created the perfect page to showcase it on. It's absolutely wonderful Nancy! Hugs!

Nancy K said...

Oh wow, what a lovely project, Nancy!
I love the colors and the beautiful arrangement of the flowers. But what I really love is seeing the lyrics to this meaningful hymn and the perfect scripture reference. Life truly is wonderful when I'm focusing my attention on Jesus, thanks for the timely reminder, my friend.

Jennifer said...

Nancy, you've touched a cord in my heart with this page. So often I get caught up in the here and now and to be reminded to look to Jesus sets things straight! I to love this hymn, and it's words are forever etched in my memory! The edged music sheet and the lovely flowers really add such charm to this page! Love It!

Anne-Marie said...

Nancy, lovely colours choice and all those flowers do look so nice.
Thanks for sharing the video clip which I did enjoy listening to and sang along to the chorus.

Tfriday said...

Beautifully done, Nancy. Love the video. TFS... Hugs!!

Cindy Haffner said...

So very BEAUTIFUL Nancy!!~

alexandra s.m. said...

Another beautiful project and I love your B-day card Nancy!

xox

Dunja Trautmann said...

Hi my friend, wow, your creation is adorable! i love it so much! wonderful colorcombo. this is a great work of you! compliment Nancy!!

Love & huge Hugs
Dunja xxx

Stampindamour said...

Nancy - it fabulous!!! Love the color combo! I posted a link on Pinterest and FB. xo

-pamela :)

Hannah said...

all those flowers...so pretty!

Susan M said...

Very beautiful ! The flowers are gorgeous and such lovely butterflies. The curved rectangle die is fabulous too. I do really like your bigger pages Nancy!!

Karen Letchworth said...

WOW - your work is really beautiful! I'm so glad I found your blog.
Blessings,
Karen

Sarah said...

Nancy, I love the colors you've used, so fresh and spring like. So beautiful! Hugs, Sarah

Jonia said...

Nancy what a beautiful, beautiful page. And, you are so right about the freedom when we come to know Jesus! Wonderful peace. Thanks for sharing this with us!

Carol said...

Nancy, Thank you for your kind words over at my post. I love how you put the lyrics in the middle of the music. The purple is sooo pretty too. I look forward to following along with everyone as we study Patter's devotions.

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Nancy, yes - "all" the hymns are my favorites as well and this particular one is no exception. Your hymn page is beautiful, such a lovely tribute to this hymn you chose, and I like the scripture you put with it. Thanks so much for the encouraging words in your post, and for linking your project to Scripture Thursday. ~ Abby

Debbie Buckland said...

Oh my that is a truely wonderful page!
Maybe I should do some scripture pages too.... Hmmm

Anonymous said...

Beautiful layout Nancy. The colors are so bright and cheery. I love the placement of your flowers. I see you use your Spellbinders, and your Punch Around the Page is fantastic on the outer edges of the sheet music.

What a beautiful way to display a favorite hymn!

Love you - Leslie

Blog Archive