Thursday 2 February 2012

52 Week Scrapbook Challenge - Use Charms and Decorative Pins On a Page

Surprise, my friends! It's a layout...and it even has photos on it! lol My girls have both pointed out to me that it's  been quite some time since I posted a layout using their "younger years" photos...so I got busy! I had lots of fun with this page. Aren't my little blondies cute? In this photo Liane is 4 and Andrea is 3. I have one pin on the big butterfly, and four charms hanging on the banner. The charms are hung  on the Tim Holtz On the Edge Pennant Die. First I inserted small white eyelets, and then I attached the charms with my Paper Tagger! I really like my Paper Tagger! I have to confess to shooting a few random tags across the room...along with the required sound affects...just for fun! lol I do enjoy playing with my tools! :o) The flowers on this page were made with my new Cuttlebug Quilled Daisy Kit. Aren't they lovely? I'm going to be having lots more fun with that!
I can't believe it's Thursday evening already! I hope to be back very soon with another post! If you haven't voted regarding my mini album yet, there's one day left. If you don't know what I"m talking about just take a peek at my sidebar! Enjoy your evening and see you again soon! :o)


Papers: Recollections Cardstock, 
Making Memories - English Garden;
Die: Tim Holtz On the Edge - Pennant,
Cuttlebug Quilled Daisy Kit,
Stampin' Up - Embosslits Beautiful Wings;
Punches: Fiskars - Circle Doily Punch,
Martha Stewart Corner Punch - Loops;
Stamp: Unity - Best Day Ever;
(Prize from Cindy)
Ink: Stampin' Up - Basic Brown;
Charms: gift from Lynn and my stash;
Decorative Pin and Paper Doily: from my stash.


18 comments:

Tfriday said...

OMG, Nancy, they so precious. It's so nice to go back and look how small they use to be. Awesome layout and love the charms on the pennant and stick pin. Great job. TFS... Hugs

Holly said...

Yes, they are adorable!! Thank you so much for stopping by my place. I am your newest follower!!
xo
Holly

Tracy said...

LOL I can just see you aiming that tagger like Clint Eastwood. "Do you feel lucky punk? Do ya?" POW! You crack me up girl. :-) Absolutely love the layout. Such cool ways you've chosen to incorporate the pin and the charms and those flowers are gorgeous. Bet your girls give you an A+ on this one. I do! Hugs!

alexandra s.m. said...

Hi Nancy!

This page and your babies are so adorable ;-)
close in age I see, like my first two

Hugs~

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh how PRECIOUS!!~

Debbie Buckland said...

Amazingly gorgeous girls!
Love the layout and how you used your charms.... I made some clay charms all I have to do is colour them in metallic colours and walla! Metal charms!

So sorry I haven't commented for a while .... Been very busy at the beginning of the year... Things are finally slowing down a bit.

Jonia said...

What a wonderful page Nancy! I love the flowers, the paper you used, the charms, and the photos are just too cute! I am sure your daughters will love this page!

Teen Queen said...

What a wonderful page! Beautiful elements and pics.

Anonymous said...

Your girls are the cutest! Playing out in the sandbox :D

This is a delightful layout. Love your flowers. Cuttlebug Daisy Kit? Never heard of it but really enjoy what I see.

I'm glad your daughters are keeping you on your toes by requesting another layout featuring them as children. They are just so darling. The memories and conversations your layouts spark are sure to keep all of you giggling.

Love you - Leslie

p.s. I finally got caught up :D on your lovely work. Hope you are feeling better. Shoot some more of those tags things across the room and don't forget the sound effects :D That made me laugh out loud. :D

Sparkly Pink Star said...

what a bright and pretty page this is!

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi,

Thanks for hopping in the blog hop with us! I decided to come visit you!

Your scrapbook page is lovely, nice work.

Blessings!

Sandy Ang said...

love the banner of charms ! So darling your LO

Becky said...

Gorgeous page! I love the banner with the little trinkets, wonderful photos.
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment for the hop.
Hugs & Blessings :)

Stampindamour said...

Nancy - this is such a sweet layout! xo

-pamela :)

Susan M said...

Your girls were so lovely , they must be beautiful adults now! A lovely , lovely page the charms are a lovely touch!

Jennifer said...

I just love the fresh feel this page has! Your girls are soooo cute! I love the doily with the flowers and those sweet charms on your banner! Great way to add the date!

Anonymous said...

LOL about shooting tags across the room complete with sound effects..as someone earlier said Clint Eastwood comes to mind :) Adorable girls you have with their blonde curls! Beautiful, fresh layout and so girly too :)

Love and hugs
Lynn xx

Mary said...

Great use of pins and charms Nancy!

Blog Archive