Thursday 18 October 2012

Hymn and Scripture Challenge #12 - Trust and Obey

Hello, Lovelies!
First I want to thank you all for your wonderful comments on my recent posts! I sure do appreciate the encouragement you give me! I'd also like to welcome the new friends who have joined my blog recently! :o)
I'm still one page behind but I have a new Hymn and Scripture Challenge page for you! You all know the routine...yes, it's yet another one of my FAVORITE hymns? lol You can read Patter's devotional HERE.
I must confess that I had been feeling rather uninspired when it came to working on these pages. Don't get me wrong...I have never felt uninspired about the hymns or the Scriptures...just about the composition of the 8 1/2 X 11 inch pages. I gave it some thought and decided that it was the music page itself that was giving me the problem. If I put that on my page, it limits me in what else I can do. Then I realized that nobody said I have to put it on my page! lol These are familiar hymns that I know the words to, and I don't need the music for any instrumental purposes. So I have decided that I will include the entire music sheet sometimes, and at other times I will be a bit more creative with them. On these occasions I will attach the music sheet on the back of my page.
This time I chose to use the music sheet to cut out the butterfly. Then I added some tiny glass marbles in the emptly portions of the wings. I wrote the chorus of the song at the bottom of the page with a silver pen. I also included two Scripture verses; one about trust, and one about obeying.
Another verse I want to share with you is Psalm 28:7. It says:

"The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him, and He helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise Him."

What a comfort it is to know how trustworthy the Lord is! When we put our trust in Him, He will help us and give us the strength to obey Him and follow the path He has for us; be it smooth or bumpy! Then comes the JOY when He showers us with BLESSINGS! God is so good! Have a beautiful day! :o)


Here's a close-up of the glass marbles:


Materials Used:
Papers: Recollections Cardstock;
Punches: Martha Stewart - Wild Flowers Punch Around the Page;
Dies: Sizzix - Butterfly #2,
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Labels Fourteen,
MM Slice Design Card - Happy Trails;
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Festive Berries, Dusty Concord;
Marker: Marvy Le Plume II - no. 8 Violet;
Flowers: Prima Essentials;
Bling: Hot Rocks Compact Jewels, Unknown Rhinestones,
Tiny Glass Marbles - Love Beads;

* * * * *

Linking up to:

Word Art Wednesday - Challenge #50 - HERE


Here's a lovely traditional version of this wonderful hymn:


14 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

How creative Nancy! love this music sheet and beautiful colours and adorable butterfly...
Enjoy your lovely day!

Jonia said...

Nancy, what a beautiful page and making the butterfly with the hymn page is just so unique. I love it dear sister!

Ana Márquez said...

How beautiful piece and video, Nancy, you're so sweet! Thanks for sharing and for your comments so nice in my blog.

Marilyn said...

Very creative Nancy! I like how you've done the butterfly and those marbles are very cool. I like thw whole papge... the glitzy bits and the doily and the flowers too.

Susan M said...

Beautiful Nancy, the colours are gorgeous as always , they blend together so beautifully. What a great idea the butterfly is,plenty of extra creative space! Hope to be back with mine next week, been so long !

Karen Letchworth said...

Absolutely beautiful, Nancy, and this song rings SO true in our hearts. There is NO other way to be happy in Jesus....it's difficult, but true. Thanks for this precious piece of art that stirs us all to trust and obey the Lord even more each day. May God bless you for sharing this tribute of your faith.
Blessings,
karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Cindy Haffner said...

So BEAUTIFUL!~

Tracy said...

Well I think your wonderfully creative mind just took flight with the freedom to create without using the whole music page cause this is wonderful. The microbeads on the butterflies wings are so cool and I love all the variegated inking you used. Awesome page my friend! Hugs!

sharon said...

A very lovely piece I just love the butterfly.

Marsha Fisher said...

Very beautiful page :0)

Geri said...

Such pretty colors here, Nancy and I love the idea of being creative with your music sheets...using it to create the butterfly was just the perfect way to incorporate it here! I love it! (And the song...another old time favorite for me and my dad!!!)

Jo Ann said...

Love the purple scheme of this card and that butterfly is so pretty. Thanks for blessing us with your artwork at Word Art Wednesday and hope to see you in our Challenges every week. Praying for blessings in your life.

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Sandy Hentzel said...

Love Love Love! It is just beautiful with the colors and bling!

Embellishments said...

Loving the purple, butterfly and bling lol... this is lovely and also like the sentiment :-) it's me Steff lol.

Blog Archive