Monday 16 October 2017

Fall Fun with Whisker Graphics

Hello, my friends!

I'm very happy to be sharing my first post as part of the
Whisker Graphics Design Team!

I'll be back with a new project each month created with 
the fabulous products from the Whisker Graphics Shop!
I'm also over on the Whisker Graphics Blog today.
You're going to want to go over there and subscribe in the sidebar. 
That way you won't miss all the fun shares from the rest of the DT,
and all the fun ways you can use these great products!

* * * * *

Today I thought it would be appropriate to share a fun Fall project. 
I began with a box that I cut out using my Cricut.
Then I gathered my Whisker Graphics items and began.
I have two twines shown in the photo because I wasn't sure which one I would use.


 I ran the Plain Brown Little Bitty Bag through an embossing folder from Cuttlebug.
It embossed this sweet owl on the bag.


Next, I inked the raised embossing to make it stand out a bit more.


I stamped "Thanks So Much" onto the Metal Rimmed Circle Tag, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
Then I placed the stamped Metal Rimmed Circle Tag on top of the Large Red Tag, matching the holes.
Deciding that the Red Bamboo Divine Twine was the best match, 
I cut two small pieces and threaded them through the tag holes.
I took another piece of the twine and tied a bow around these pieces. 


Now it's time to assemble it all.
I put strips of score tape on the back of the bitty bag to make sure it had secure hold.


Then I positioned it in place on the front center of the box.
The tag is tucked inside the bag, with the rimmed tag hanging outside the bag.
The large red tag is the perfect place to write a sweet message.


Here's a closer look at it all put together.


Finally, I wrapped more Red Bamboo Divine Twine around the box a few times, 
and tied another bow over the bitty bag on the front. 


There you have it...my first Whisker Graphics project!
I think it would be a great gift for so many occasions at this time of year.
How about a hostess gift for a dinner invitation?
Or fun packaging for some cookies for the neighbors?
Or even a box of candy for the special kids that come knocking very soon?
So many ways to use these fun items!

Thanks for stopping by!
I'll be back again soon with another project share!

Here are all the links you'll need:




5 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

So FUN! Love the embossing, very clever! Super cute treat box!

Darlene said...

What a cute and clever project! I too LOVE the embossing on the bag ... adorable!

Unknown said...

I love this idea Nancy! The embossing looks fab - I'll be trying that!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a SUPER idea, love your little owl with it's embossing, (I must get that ink!) A beautiful bag which will make any gift more appealing. Love it.
Faith
x

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous project Nancy, love the owl embossed on your bag, wonderful idea!
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

Blog Archive